1. Stacy Keibler in Marchesa
If it wasn’t enough that she had George Clooney at her hip making enemies with envious girls all around the world, Keibler also made one heck an appearance in a gorgeous black gown.
2. Jayma Mays in Reem Acra
I really liked this dress until I saw the back…then I saw the back and I fell in love. The of panel lace in back made this glittering number of a kind.
3. Viola Davis in Marchesa
This white Grecian gown made Viola look ethereal and enhanced her already present beauty with soft curls and sexy makeup.
4. Kelly Cuoco in Romona Keveza
The seafoam color on this poufy dress was just right for the blonde bombshell who nailed the braided updo. The textured bottom worked well with the more relaxed strapless bodice.
5. Lea Michele in Versace
Can someone say va-va-voom? Michele showed a whole lot of leg walking the red carpet with her slit that could have caused a disaster. Instead, she proved it was the perfect choice confidently walking and waving, letting the dress cascade and show plenty without revealing enough to give the paparazzi a chance to snap photos that could destroy her brown-nosing image on Glee.
Honorable mentions go to: Natalie Portman, Sophia Vergara, and Emily Blunt
*Picture from Mirror.co.uk
If you complain about the price of ripped jeans and cropped shirts (less fabric should mean lower costs, right?!) let me introduce you to something that may reverse your symptoms of shopping-induced irritation. The high-waisted miniskirt stretches to cover your stomach and stops midpoint on your thighs. The foot of fabric you shell out for with your weekly paycheck just became a little more reasonable. The look is huge this season, but if high-waisted clothing makes you uncomfortable, hold off on buying one just to force it lower. Even if the skirt fits around your hips, the tight fabric might make your bottom half jut out rather than smoothing it when you wear it at the right spot. These are my picks:
American Apparel- $34
*Picture from Coolspotters
These are four of the current top deals at The Fashion Scoop:
Men’s French Connection Plaid Button Down Was $88 Now $35, Save 60%
Green Ford Silk Skirt: Was $258 Now $51, Save 80%
Nude Moschino Cheap and Chic Heels: Was $395 Now $79, Save 80%
Hunter Red Wool Coat: Was $525 Now $236, Save 55%
*Picture from Inofashion
Clothing should be fun, so why not mix it up by wearing something a little loco? Pants with prints set you apart from the crowd and are expressive, drawing attention to who you are. In fabrics like silk, light-weight pants are as comfortable as pajamas and as in vogue as Anna Wintour herself. You can look sassy and totally confident in denim or tighter styles. After all, no timid lady will be wearing something that shouts “Look at me!” as much as these do. These are my picks:
MotelRocks.com- $90 (Save 20% with code fashionscoop)
*Picture from ShoppingLifestyle
As always, the Golden Globes brought out the beauty most of all in the celebrities who wore gowns the gleamed brighter than the rest. Below you will find my five favorite dresses of the nigh with a brief explanation of why they deserve praise.
1. Not only was a glowing Jessica Alba in Gucci wearing a stunning dress, but she complemented it perfectly with a matching lavender clutch and dangling diamond earrings. Everything about the look worked perfectly together.
2. I love the feather trend, and more specifically I love peacocks and their feathers. The iridescent sheen, the bright, bold hues, the velvety texture, all make for great inspiration. I did not, however, think that a dress that borrows more than just ideas from the bird could be so…awesome. This is why Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci Premiere deserves a spot on the list. She took all the right cues flaunting her good taste and keeping her head up high.
3. Shailene Woodley, who wore Marchesa,has been showing off her sophisticated fashion taste even more since starring with George Clooney in The Descendents. Her dress was impossible to dislike. (I also happen to have an affinity for anything Marchesa makes.) With great detailing in the upper-half she left the necklace behind, swept up her hair, and smiled for the cameras.
4. Sophia Vergara always looks hot and the 2012 Golden Globes were no exception. She wore a blue Vera Wang dress with rivers of fabric that appear to be brushstrokes in the pictures. The mermaid shape worked with her fabulous curves and two bracelets on her wrist provided elegant ice.
5. It’s we’ve seen a thousand. The all red va-va-voom gown with the exceptionally tight bodice that flatters the figures of movie stars. Maybe I should knock off points for it being so overdone but I won’t because it just works so well! Reese Witherspoon kept her Zac Posen number fresh with light makeup and beachy hair.
*Picture from Glamour
Oh the weather outside is frightful…but this coat is so delightful! Before you put a frozen spoon under your pillow, dance and sing “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!” prepare by picking up these winter essentials at a bargain price.
Coat, UrbanOutfitters.com- $20
Hat, Kohls- $11
Gloves, Forever 21- $9
Scarf, 599fashion.com- $6
Total- $46 (Yes, that includes a coat!!)
Let me guess? Your New Year’s resolution is to go to gym? Well before getting a move on, take a well deserved break and look back at some of the best dresses glamorously donned by celebrities in 2011. Of course I couldn’t include all the handsome creations the stars were dressed in, but here are ten of my favorites excluding any from the Met Gala and the Emmys (those can be found in separate posts). Here’s to hoping 2012 is just as fabulous!
1. Olivia Wilde at the Golden Globes in Marchesa and Jennifer Hudson at Disney
2. Taylor Swift in Reem Acra at the Nashville Symphony Ball
3. Eva Longoria at the Golden Globes in Zac Posen
4. Mila Kunis in Elie Saab at the Oscars
5. Kerry Washington in Marchesa at a Glamour Event
6. Jessica Alba in Atelier Versace at BAFTA Awards
7. Shailene Woodley in Dolce and Gabbana at The Descendants Premiere
8. Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad at the Golden Globes
9. Kerry Washington in Donna Karan at Keep A Child Alive Ball
10. Scarlett Johansson in Elie Saab at the Golden Globes