As always, the Golden Globes brought out the beauty most of all in the celebrities who wore gowns the gleamed brighter than the rest. Below you will find my five favorite dresses of the nigh with a brief explanation of why they deserve praise.
1. Not only was a glowing Jessica Alba in Gucci wearing a stunning dress, but she complemented it perfectly with a matching lavender clutch and dangling diamond earrings. Everything about the look worked perfectly together.
2. I love the feather trend, and more specifically I love peacocks and their feathers. The iridescent sheen, the bright, bold hues, the velvety texture, all make for great inspiration. I did not, however, think that a dress that borrows more than just ideas from the bird could be so…awesome. This is why Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci Premiere deserves a spot on the list. She took all the right cues flaunting her good taste and keeping her head up high.
3. Shailene Woodley, who wore Marchesa,has been showing off her sophisticated fashion taste even more since starring with George Clooney in The Descendents. Her dress was impossible to dislike. (I also happen to have an affinity for anything Marchesa makes.) With great detailing in the upper-half she left the necklace behind, swept up her hair, and smiled for the cameras.
4. Sophia Vergara always looks hot and the 2012 Golden Globes were no exception. She wore a blue Vera Wang dress with rivers of fabric that appear to be brushstrokes in the pictures. The mermaid shape worked with her fabulous curves and two bracelets on her wrist provided elegant ice.
5. It’s we’ve seen a thousand. The all red va-va-voom gown with the exceptionally tight bodice that flatters the figures of movie stars. Maybe I should knock off points for it being so overdone but I won’t because it just works so well! Reese Witherspoon kept her Zac Posen number fresh with light makeup and beachy hair.
*Picture from Glamour