7. Jessica Chastain in Givenchy- The black played up her curves with feather style detailing and a feminine flared shape. She completed her look with an exquisite diamond necklace.
6. Julianne Margulies in Andrew Gn- Julianne Margulies isn’t young by Hollywood’s standard, but she owned this black dress with gold branch detailing. She looked just as radiant as any twenty year old. (She even pulled off cap sleeves which can be tricky on formal wear!)
5. Taylor Swift in Caroline Herrera- You can always count on Taylor Swift to get things right. This vibrant color blocked dress looked full and rich on her long and lean body.
4. Emma Roberts in Lavin- So maybe she didn’t take a fashion risk but she appealed to a great fashion lesson: you can’t go wrong in a well cut black dress. I love that she paired it with large turquoise earrings.
3. Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad- She found a way to make beading look original in this saucy silver number. The sexy mermaid shape shined on the red carpet.
2. Kaley Cuoco in Rani Zakhem- She loves full skirted dresses and this floral print one looked lovely per usual. Don’t stare too long though, the unfocused flowers can make you dizzy!
1. Lupita Nyong’o in Ralph Lauren- It’s been an amazing sartorial year for her with her breakthrough performance. She looks stunning in bright colors and the fire engine red was no exception. I’m obsessed with the bold cape.